Essentials of Project Management
I'm excited about project management! I sense that this is the "missing piece" that I've known I needed but didn't even know what form it would take. I want more!!
- Jenefer Angell, HealthNotes, Inc.
This course is a comprehensive 2-day hands-on approach to managing small to medium-sized projects. This course is designed to take the participant from project initiation through project closeout and addresses all the major elements of managing a project throughout its lifecycle. The course will show what steps are taken in what order to ensure all project processes are completed successfully. Upon completion of this course, the participant will have a thorough understanding of what needs to be accomplished in order to manage projects on time, on budget and within scope & quality parameters. Templates for appropriate project documents will be provided.
- Understand the difference between the Project Life Cycle, and a Product or System Life Cycle.
- Understand the minimum set of deliverables needed to effectively manage a project.
- Be able to write a project charter.
- Know what activities go on during the Initiation, Planning, Execution, and Closing phases of a project.
- Know what activities are associated with the controlling processes in a project.
- Be able to write a project plan for a stand-alone project.
- Know how to develop a Work Breakdown Structure.
- Know how to develop a project schedule.
- Understand how to manage change and change requests.
- Know how to establish a review and approval process for project deliverables.
- Understand the fundamentals of Earned Value Analysis.
- Know how to develop meaningful status reports.
- Know how to conduct an effective project meeting and what needs to be recorded in project meeting minutes.
Benefits to Your Company
- Improve project processes, performance, and control
- Accelerate work progress
- Increase efficiency
- Improve on-time and on-budget delivery
- Avoid scope creep
- Reduce financial risk
- Improve quality
- Project management framework
- Project initiation
• Project charter
- Project planning
• Identifying the project team
• Basic change control
• Project glossary
• Managing project information
• Kickoff meeting
• Scope planning and definition
• Mission, vision, scope, and objectives
• Work breakdown structures
• Project scheduling
• Organization planning & management
• Change management system
• Reviews and approvals
• Change requests
• Configuration management
• Issue management
• Quality variance management
- Project execution
- Project controlling activities
• Earned value analysis
• Performance/status reporting
• Meeting minutes
- Project closeout
Who Should Attend
Project Leads, new Project Managers, or those needing formal training in project management to increase project performance, either personally or departmentally.
Instructor: Course will be taught by a senior project manager who is accredited by the Project Management Institute (PMI) as a PMP (Project Management Professional).
Course fee: See Pricing, Packages, and Discounts for more information.
Course Includes: Course Includes: Book: Essentials of Project Management. CD containing document templates. Course handouts.
For more information, contact Spectrum Consulting Group, LLC at: